Re: Vote on Omar Design

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Vote on Omar Design
Date: 2004-11-19 20:23:21
Lists: pgsql-www
Alexey, Marc,

Link to Omar's design: http://postgresql.tinysofa.com

> These tasks are orthogonal. Most of the pages would fit in any design and I
> doubt Omar did any changes to them at all when "porting".

OK, cool.    I was mistaken then.

> I took a look at http://postgresql.tinysofa.com and it looks like the site
> has all the current content ported to the new[er] design, including
> advocacy stuff.
>
> Thus +1 for Omar's design.

Keen.

> My main point was that we need content authors and editors now, not
> programmers / designers.

Yeah.   On my list, personally ...

> I have some doubts that Omar is a native English
> speaker and will be able to write content.

Omar is from Australia.  ;-)

> The patches he sent are orthogonal to the design, ask him if you don't
> believe me.

OK, good.

> There *of course* wasn't any spec document (who do you think we are?) but
> there were discussions on that particular issue, back in spring I think.

Ok, I missed those.    I think we need a design document; I'd imagine that
Omar and others have become kind of frustrated trying to guess at a spec they
can't read.

> Speaking of which, if Omar wants to "be around", he should register a gborg
> account and convince Dave to add him as a pgweb project developer.

Omar?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus