test coverage (was: Re: JDBC CTS 1.2.1)

From: Vadim Nasardinov <vadimn(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: test coverage (was: Re: JDBC CTS 1.2.1)
Date: 2004-11-18 21:19:50
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
On Wednesday 17 November 2004 15:12, Kris Jurka wrote:
> You seem to be going through some complicated gyrations to test
> outdated software.  Why not test 8.0beta and CTS 1.3.1?

I _am_ going to run CTS 1.3.1 sometime soon.  Just wanted to make sure
I understood what the story was with 1.2.1.  When I first posted my
results in, no one
seemed to know whether or not 510 failures out of 1778 tests was the
correct number and why the failure rate was so high.  I now have a
satisfactory answer to that question.  In case anyone cares, my
scripts for running CTS 1.2.1 and generating an error report can be
found here:

Dave suggested repeatedly that energy would be better spent on
expanding existing test coverage.  I agree that this is a worthwhile
goal and will be happy to help when and where I can.

Here's what the current coverage looks like: