Re: Using Java for Replication :-)

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Using Java for Replication :-)
Date: 2004-11-18 18:18:06
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Peter,

> I talked to the ObjectWeb people last year and they seemed to say that
> it doesn't need 2PC.  Where did you get your information?

I'm on the C-JDBC mailing list, and have been chatting with ObjectWeb about
getting 2PC implemented.    The XA support is necessary to protect C-JDBC +
Clustering transactions from failing on one server and succeeding on others;
in other words, to guarentee a consistent state.  You can use it now without
that, but it makes things less dependable.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions