Re: evil characters #bfef cause dump failure

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Iain" <iain(at)mst(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: "pgsql-admin list" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: evil characters #bfef cause dump failure
Date: 2004-11-16 12:08:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

Am Dienstag, 16. November 2004 11:27 schrieb Iain:
> I know that the unicode standards are far from perfect, but I'm wondering
> why you consider it a failure.

If it were a success, then everyone would be using it and we wouldn't have
this discussion. Certainly, Unicode is reasonable and the best option in
many cases. But the original idea of replacing all other character sets
won't really happen anytime soon. Since you work in Japan, I would think you
know about the problems, since much of the technical opposition comes from
there.

--
Peter Eisentraut