Why is PGStream.flush() taking so much time?

From: Guido Fiala <guido(dot)fiala(at)dka-gmbh(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Why is PGStream.flush() taking so much time?
Date: 2004-11-15 15:25:58
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Due to performance problems profiling showed the PGStream.flush() - thats
pg_output buffered Stream - takes the most time although we do not really
send much sql-queries at that time, at least we get much more data than we
send. System and database is also almost idle at that time.

Thanks for any hint.

Guido