Re: Documentation of server configuration

From: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>,Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>,Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Documentation of server configuration
Date: 2004-11-15 18:48:09
Lists: pgsql-docspgsql-general
As a header to the Config section, a hypertext index in alphabetical
order is what I suggested before.  It takes less space and
enables one to read it by section or to jump to where the
particular GUC is documented.

I think the alpha index would be easier and more helpful
to people doing fast lookups like Peter was looking for
and lets the chapters stay in the nicely grouped format.

--elein
elein(at)varlena(dot)com