I've just spent a day working through the current set of server
configuration parameters, and I think that the documentation at
reached its peak of unusability. I haven't been able to find a single
parameter all day except by using a text search over the file.
A couple of obvious faults:
- There are too many sections.
- The sections don't have any obvious order.
- The subsections don't have any obvious order.
- The lists of individual parameters inside the sections don't have any
- If a parameter has a list of possible values, the values are not
listed in a consistent order.
I have made an attempt and reformatted the whole section into one big
alphabetical list, and while that has obvious drawbacks, I feel that
it's already much more usable than what we have now.
pgsql-docs by date
|Next:||From: Alvaro Herrera||Date: 2004-11-13 20:49:47|
|Subject: Re: Documentation of server configuration|
|Previous:||From: Peter Eisentraut||Date: 2004-11-10 16:21:17|
|Subject: New DocBook DSSSL version|
pgsql-general by date
|Next:||From: Max||Date: 2004-11-13 20:37:53|
|Subject: Re: List of postgresql rogue groups (was Re: Important Info on comp.databases.postgresql.general)|
|Previous:||From: Brian||Date: 2004-11-13 18:20:59|
|Subject: Spam notice|