Re: [HACKERS] 8.0 press release

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] 8.0 press release
Date: 2004-11-12 22:05:15
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

Oleg,

Discussion moved to ADVOCACY, where it belongs.

> I cite myself (previous mail):
> and it's translations ? Does it somehow confirmed ? What do you mean under
> "To find out more about PostgreSQL or to download it, please visit:
> In <your language here>

Well, I still don't think I follow you. But that's where the "Regional
Contact" for the language will go. For example:

In Deutch:
http://www.postgres.de/
Anastasios Hatzis
Email: DE(at)postgresql(dot)org
Tel: +49-30-20005022
Cell: +49-173-5625858

However, not all the Regional contacts are (self-)selected yet.

I was planning for Nick to be the Regional Contact for Russia, since last year
you were not able to find press contacts for Russia and Nick says that he has
some. OK?

> 1. Link to local server(s)  of postgresql community

Planned, see above. Of course, we don't have these for all communities.

> 2. Link to download - local mirror of postgresql ftp-server

Hmmm, this isn't a bad idea. Except that some languages don't correspond to
regions; Spanish for example. But it would work for Russian/Polish/German
etc. Do you think you could put together a list of mirrors which would match
closely with specific languages?

> 3. Links to companies offering commercial support

This is worthy of discussion, but would have had to been planned starting
about a month ago (if not earlier). At this time, translations have
already started on the release, with plans to have it ready within the next
10 days. If you want to start working on it now, our commercial support
page could certainly use some help ...

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus