how do you run postgres without dns server

From: Ivan Dimitrov <dobber(at)bastun(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: how do you run postgres without dns server
Date: 2004-11-10 09:45:18
Lists: pgsql-admin
I have a database on a machine that does not know what localhost is. Yes, I
have 127.0.0.1, but I can't resolve localhost to it. I don't want to start a
caching dns, and don't want to change resolve.conf. Upon starting, postgres
gives error cannot bind to localhost. then starts accepting connections to
127.0.0.1 normaly.
So, why does postgres try to resolve localhost in the first place? Because of
this error pg_autovacuum does not start.
--

Hi! I'm your friendly neighbourhood signature virus.
Copy me to your signature file and help me spread!

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Halford DaceDate: 2004-11-10 10:05:00