Re: Final Copy Edit: Press Release, Page

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Final Copy Edit: Press Release, Page
Date: 2004-11-10 00:07:10
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Folks,
>
>> IMHO and with respect to Mr. Nakazawa, the importance of his comments
>> for the community and wider world are the sponsorship and commitment he
>> voices on behalf of a major global corporation. His starting comments
>> offer some context, as well as some other views that follow naturally
>> from the important closing statements (if they were reordered).
>>
>> If it were me, I would not edit his words at all.
>
> Anyone else have an opinion on this?

We are PRing a PostgreSQL release ... Mr. Nakazawa's full quote is
appropriate for the Fujitsu PR, but should have a minor focus in our PR,
and, as such, should eithe rbe shortened (or, if shortened is deemed
inappropriate, removed) ...

The focus shuld be on the release, not on commercial involvement ...

----