Re: PostgreSQL in the press again

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL in the press again
Date: 2004-11-09 17:04:18
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 03:47:48PM +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
> I have been asked about why there is no single preferred Replication
> Solution etc...; I said it was the nature of the development community
> that many ideas are allowed out at once.

I don't know that this is the only reason. Both Oracle and IBM will
sell you more than one thing when you go to them asking for
replication. That's because there are different needs, and one has
to have systems which support those needs. I doubt that a single
system would really be able to accommodate every scenario.

A certain description of men are for getting out of debt, yet are
against all taxes for raising money to pay it off.
--Alexander Hamilton