Linux Journal references, December 2004 issue.

From: Lamar Owen <lowen(at)pari(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Linux Journal references, December 2004 issue.
Date: 2004-11-09 17:01:38
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
I got a substantial surprize reading the LJ for Decmeber.  Let me ennumerate:
1.)	On the COVER, 'Making the most of manufacturing with RTLinux and
PostgreSQL.'  The article on pages 44-47 makes the following statement (p47)
"The SmartPress program stored the gathered data in a PostgreSQL database.
PostgreSQL is also our enterprise backend database.  So, future application
development will make SmartPress data visible in enterprise applications
across the company."  Company is Midwest Tool & Die.

2.)	Doc Searls' column, Linux for Suits, on page 48: "...open-source suspects
outside the familiar LAMP list of Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Perl, Python,
and PostgreSQL."  This is major, IMO.	I guess the tagline 'building a better
LAMP...' has caught some eyes....

3.)	The open-source learning management article on page 66, about the Moodle
project, mentions thatit works on MySQL, but PostgreSQL can also be used.
This highlights that we are now a desired compatibility option for some
projects (now if SugarSales CRM worked with PostgreSQL I'd be a happy
camper...)

4.)	Robert LeBlanc's article 'Beating Spam and Viruses with amavisd-new and
Maia Mailguard' on pages 84-88 (he is the author of Maia Mailguard) mentions
that Maia works with either MySQL or PostgreSQL.

A good month for PostgreSQL, at least in LJ.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology

pgsql-advocacy by date