Re: Pre-8.0 outstanding patches

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pre-8.0 outstanding patches
Date: 2004-11-05 05:10:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> > I turns out I have not been reviewing all patches kept during the beta
> > period for releases 7.2-7.4. I have gone though the kept emails and
> > found 37 messages that need review:
> > http://momjian.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/pgpatches3
> > I would like to know which should be discarded and which kept for 8.1.
>
> AFAICS all of those were rejected, applied in some later form, or just
> work-in-progress that never got completed. I don't think you need to
> hold onto any of them; I certainly don't see any that look ready to apply.

Just confirming that we don't need to keep those emails that talk about:

index correlation
binary copy tools
updatable cursors
hold cursors
datacube patch
plpq for dblink
langinfo for languages-specific to_char(date)
libpq support for precision/scale
packages support

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us