Re: Guid and Npgsql C#

From: "Francisco Figueiredo Jr(dot)" <fxjrlists(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Aleksandar Dezelin <dezelin32(at)fastmail(dot)fm>, "pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Guid and Npgsql C#
Date: 2004-11-03 19:23:28
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

--- Aleksandar Dezelin <dezelin32(at)fastmail(dot)fm> escreveu:
> Does anybody knows how C# Guids are interpreted in Npgsql assembly?
> I want to convert existing C# .NET application which uses MS SQL 2000
> database to Mono and PostgreSQL but I don't know how to deal with all
> Guid fields that it's using. I've found a patch that adds
> uniqueidentifier support to PostgreSQL but I'm not sure how to use it
> from C# and Mono.

Hi Aleksandar.

Unfortunately, Npgsql doesn't support Guid datatypes. You could try using it as
string inside your database and use the NpgsqlDbTypes.Text as the datatype.

Could you provide me a link to this uniqueidentifier patch? I could help you
add this specific type to a custom Npgsql assembly.

Regards,

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.