Re: Planet PostgreSQL

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Planet PostgreSQL
Date: 2004-11-03 14:08:47
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wednesday 03 November 2004 08:43, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, Robert Treat wrote:
> > Do you want this to be something community maintained/integrated or do
> > you plan on running this as something seperate from the community
> > websites?
>
> Maybe sometime, after it becomes stable and after we can feed it with
> blogs of many people. I'm willing to assign that domain who's in -core,
> but not now.

Well, probably best is to assign it to the foundation, but that can wait for
sure.

> We can integrate with community web sites, if you want. Just think General
> Bits. This will be same.

Uh... General Bits is actually my example of a site that is not integrated
into the community websites but is instead doing it's own thing. Sites
integrated into the community system should use the same/similar .css as the
main www site (please no one choke on that statement, i realize none of our
other sites do this), should have site admin email be
webmaster(at)postgresql(dot)org, maintainance be funneled through pgsql-www, not be
integrated into some other company/project website, and potentially code put
into gborg project page if there is code to be maintained. Sites that dont
fit this bill are general bits, postgis, tsearch2, and srapowergres for
example.

--
Robert Treat