Upgrade from 7.3.4 to 7.4.6

From: "Cliff Reid" <creid(at)proximitygroup(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Upgrade from 7.3.4 to 7.4.6
Date: 2004-11-01 16:02:04
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello

Can anyone point me to or near the reason why my pg_dumpall of my 7.3.4 DB
and subsequent 7.4.6 psql restoration of that dump show up as a failure when
I run my programs against it. I am using libpq as the DB interface.
Program results are successful on the 7.3.4 system but I get seg-faults when
attempting to run on 7.4.6.

Recap: (7.3.4) pg_dumpall mydb > mydb_dump; (7.4.6) psql -f mydb_dump; all
seem to go as expected until I run program procedures againt the 7.4.6 DB.

My instant analysis: It seems to not like BINARY CURSOR. When I remove
BINARY from the SQL DECLARE string, I no longer receive the seg-fault but
the data results (presentation) are not as expected.

I hope this is enough info for a reasonable response.

Thanks

Clifford Reid