Some patches to enhance the contrib build

From: Martin Pitt <martin(at)piware(dot)de>
To: PostgreSQL Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pkg-postgresql-public(at)lists(dot)alioth(dot)debian(dot)org
Subject: Some patches to enhance the contrib build
Date: 2004-10-31 23:49:21
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Hi PostgreSQL developers!

The current Debian package has some patches that tweak the building of
contrib modules. I think they would be interesting for other
distributions, too. Most of this stuff was contributed by users who
actually use these modules.

25contrib-dbmirror:
 - additionally install some useful scripts and data files

25contrib-enablemysql:
 - enable mysql module build
 - add Makefile
 - fix hashbang of mysql2pgsql

25contrib-enableoracle:
 - enable oracle module build
 - add Makefile
 - patch ora2pg.pl to look for Ora2Pg.pm additionally in the path
   where ora2pg.pl is installed

25contrib-enablexml:
 - enable xml module build
 - Makefile: add CFLAGS for "-I/usr/include/libxml2" to allow building

26dbf2pg-errorcheck:
 - add better error checking to dbf2pg

27dbf2pg-textfield:
 - add dbf2pg support for the dbase field 'M' which corresponds to
   PostgreSQL's TEXT field

Do you consider adopting them in the official version?

Thanks a lot and have a nice day!

Martin
--
Martin Pitt                       http://www.piware.de
Ubuntu Developer            http://www.ubuntulinux.org

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2004-11-01 02:20:24