8.0 Release: Press Contacts, Lists

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 8.0 Release: Press Contacts, Lists
Date: 2004-11-01 00:38:09
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Folks,

It's time again to collect/coordinate press lists and press contacts for the
8.0 release.

We need an "official press contact" for each language and/or continent.  If
you're the official contact, you will need to be able to take phone calls and
e-mails from reporters seeking follow-up on the release notice.   Off the top
of my head, we'll need the following countries, languages and regions.   Many
of the languages will be covered by the translation volunteers, but they
don't have to be:

U.S/Canada: East and West Coast (Josh Berkus and Bruce Momjian?)
Mexico/Central America: ?
South America (Alvarro?)
Brazil (Diogo?)
Australia: Gavin Sherry
Japan (Tetsuo & JPUG?)
India (Shridhar?)
South Africa: ?
Russia (Oleg?)
Hungary (Laszlo?)
France/French Europe: (Jean-Paul?)
Germany/German Europe: (Peter? Cornelia?)
UK: (Simon?)
Italy (Gaetano?  Stefan?)
Sweden: Dennis B.
Other countries/places?

What the Press Contact will have to do is:
-- collect a list of "local" tech press to send the release to.   If any of
these press are English-language, clear them with Josh to make sure that we
don't double-mail anyone (you can ask for help from others to do this!)
-- operate the [country-code](at)postgresql(dot)org e-mail address and answer
questions from the public and the press there
-- preferably provide a phone number to take phone calls from reporters
-- be willing to take direction from Core and the community on what to talk
about with the press

So, who's first?

--
--Josh