Re: ERROR: INSERT has more target columns than expressions

From: Reinhard Hnat <r(dot)hnat(at)aon(dot)at>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: INSERT has more target columns than expressions
Date: 2004-10-28 16:56:04
Lists: pgsql-novice

Am Montag, 18. Oktober 2004 16:09 schrieb Kumar S:
> Dear Group,
> I am trying to insert data in to a single row
> (although I have ~ 10K rows to fill, I am
> experimenting with one row because this data is highly
> inconsistent )

...>dna_LEFT,cdna_RIGHT,cdna_SECTOR,cdna_SECTORROW,cdna_SECTORCOL,cdna_SOURCE,cd
>na_ PLATE,cd
> na_PROW,cdna_PCOL,cdna_FAILED,cdna_IS_VERIFIED,cdna_IS_CONTAMINATED,cdna_LU
>ID) VALUES (
> '9215','18491','IMAGE:267638','FLJ22004','hypothetical

I am not shure if the linebreaks are as shown in your posting. Sometimes I
have experienced that editors automatically add linebreaks in sql statements
which lead to some trouble. So bring columnname 'cdna_PROW' for example on
the same line and add blanks after each komma to allow automatic linebreaks
on positions where they can't do any harm.
--
r.hnat