Not a real bug, but an error

From: "Andrea D(dot)" <nomail(at)tiscali(dot)it>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Not a real bug, but an error
Date: 2004-10-28 14:46:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi, I've just upgraded Roma 7.3.x to 7.4.5 on a Mandrake 10.1 community.
I've used pg_dumpall (Roma version 7.4.5) to dump my previous databases to a
file in plain text form and then trend to restore using 'psql -f'.
But there was an error: a function needed in a constraint of a table was
placed after the table definition! So it was impossible to create the
table!
It was just a matter to edit the file and cut and copy the function
definition in the right place, drop the database and run the file again,
but it could be a good idea to find a workaround. Actually, I had to dump
the schema and data separately, as one file was to big to manage, but it
was just a matter of confort.
Thank for the great work.
Postgresql is really a wonderfull thing.
Andrea from Italy