Re: Tables and Indexes

From: MaRCeLO PeReiRA <gandalf_mp(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Tables and Indexes
Date: 2004-10-28 14:25:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Even in Beta, it is just fine to me!

When I create a index, the tablespace used is the
table's tablespace, unless I use the tablespace clause
to put it in another one. It is ok, I have read
documentation and learned that.

I was looking for a default configuration, so ALL the
indexes created will be put in a tablespace, and the
tables in another one, without using tablespace
clause. So, I start the postmaster, create two
tablespaces, configure it to put some things in one,
and some other things in another, and after that I
create my tables, indexes and view the natural way.

(hey, how many times did I write the word 'tablespace'
in this e-mail??? hehehhe)

Regards,

Marcelo

--- "Joshua D. Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador agora! http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/