New News Entry

From: www(at)www(dot)postgresql(dot)com (World Wide Web Owner)
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: New News Entry
Date: 2004-10-27 14:51:38
Lists: pgsql-www
A new entry has been added to the news database.

Database Admin: http://www.postgresql.org/admin/edit_news.php?235

Submitted by: press(at)postgresql(dot)org
Headline: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Beta 4 Now Available
After 4 weeks of work, involving alot of bug fixes, and documentation improvements, to the source tree, we have just released our 4th Beta of 8.0.0. We urge everyone to download a copy and run it through regression tests, and report all problems to pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org

Story:

After 4 weeks of work, involving alot of bug fixes, and documentation improvements, to the source tree, we have just released our 4th Beta of 8.0.0.  Most of the items on Bruce\'s Open Items list have been completed, but we still have a half dozen or so Windows related items still open.

For a complete list of changes/improvement since Beta 1 was released, please see:

   ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v8.0.0beta/ChangeLog-Beta3-to-Beta4

 That said, Beta 4 is currently available for download on all mirrors:

                http://www.postgresql.org/mirrors-ftp.html

David Fetter has also updated the Bittorrent Site with the latest beta, available:

                http://bt.postgresql.org

And, finally, Magnus Hagander has released a Beta4 version of pginstaller, the Windows Installer, available:

                http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pginstaller/

Note: pginstaller is also available via anon-ftp on all of the mirror
      sites, under the projects/pgfoundry directory ...

As with all releases, the success of this release falls in the your hands ... to go from Beta -> Release, we need as many people out there to put it through her paces as possible, on as many platforms as possible.  We urge anyone, and everyone, to download a copy and run her through her regression tests, and report any/all problems, and bugs, to

                pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org

The more bugs we can find, and eliminate, during Beta, the more successful the Release will be ...

Once more, on behalf of all of the developers, Happy Bug Hunting ...

pgsql-www by date