Lamar stepping down

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Lamar stepping down
Date: 2004-10-25 20:54:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Lamar,

On behalf of the Core Team, we thank Lamar for five years of making packages
available for PostgreSQL.   His efforts have made a substantial difference in
many PostgreSQL users' jobs by making downloads available for those who are
uncomfortable with source installs or use RPMs by policy.  We're particularly
grateful because "RPM Maintainer" is not a fun or prestigious job, and yet
Lamar did such a professional job that several people have been surprised to
learn he is/was a volunteer.

We are glad that Lamar will still be around the project to offer advice -- as
well as being around to chat once in a while.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions