slony?

From: Robert Kuszinger <kuszinger(at)giscom(dot)hu>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: slony?
Date: 2004-10-19 15:19:28
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi all!

I'm trying to compile slony on cygwin, but several modules fail (slon and slonik and maybe others)

However, ./configure runs without warning and make command  says that build
was successful, however it is clear that certain modules produced error.

Slony would be essential for our work, but I'm not a C programmer.
I cannot do anything else but

configure
make all
make install

:)

However, postgresql 8 compile and build was perfect, I'm using
the latest CVS.

Slony is the sync tool that is the most likely working on this platform
as erserver uses java which is a horror on mixed paltforms (windows and cygwin the
same time).

Our master server would be linux, the other one is cygwin/win2003 and the
management would not change it, so our application hardly depends on slony1
or something that does the same.

Is there any chance to target this platform?
What can I do to help these efforts? (However I'm not a C programmer,
I can run tests, etc...)

thanks is advance

Robert

  • Re: slony? at 2004-10-20 19:21:48 from Reini Urban