Re: Schedule information for PostgreSQL

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Douglas Doyer <Douglas_Doyer(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Schedule information for PostgreSQL
Date: 2004-10-19 15:58:48
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Douglas Doyer wrote:

> Hi everybody,

>    I browse the PostgreSQL internet site, but I did not see any
> information on the schedule of the next versions of PostgreSQL in term
> of date and version number for this product.  As an example, I don't
> know when will be available the final release of PostgreSQL 8.0 ?  Is
> there a Web page or an link with this information?  I seek something
> equivalent to http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule. If this
> information does not exist, it would be interesting to have it.

There is no scheduale ... other then "it will be released when its ready"
... right now, we are aiming for a "sometime end of November, early
December", but have several issues remaining to be fixed that, depending
on how long it takes, could hold things up ... most of the issues, from my
last read of the Open Items list, appear to be Windows related, and from
conversations I've followed in the past, they are generally "fun" to fix

----