starting problem when running postgresql

From: "vimalan dharmarajan" <vimal_it(at)engineer(dot)com>
To: pgsql-chat(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: starting problem when running postgresql
Date: 2004-10-19 07:47:06
Lists: pgsql-chat

Sir,
i am vimal,i saw ur forum .it is a very nice that is the reason i joined with u.

i am new in postgresql.when i started the postgresql , it ran correct.but now it give failed error
example.

[root ( at ) localhost root] /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql start
starting postgresql service [FAILED]
[root ( at ) localhost root]

i dont know want to do . kindly help to me sir.
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm