I have attached 5 patches (split up for ease of review) to plperl.c.
1. Two minor cleanups:
- We don't need to call hv_exists+hv_fetch; we should just check the
return value of hv_fetch.
- newSVpv("undef",0) is the string "undef", not a real undef.
2. This should fix the bug Andrew Dunstan described in a recent -hackers
post. It replaces three bogus "eval_pv(key, 0)" calls with newSVpv,
and eliminates another redundant hv_exists+hv_fetch pair.
3. plperl_build_tuple_argument builds up a string of Perl code to create
a hash representing the tuple. This patch creates the hash directly.
4. Another minor cleanup: replace a couple of av_store()s with av_push.
5. Analogous to #3 for plperl_trigger_build_args. This patch removes the
static sv_add_tuple_value function, which does much the same as two
other utility functions defined later, and merges the functionality
I have tested the patches to the best of my limited ability, but I would
appreciate it very much if someone else could review and test them too.
(Thanks to Andrew and David Fetter for their help with some testing.)
plperl.c (r1.54 -> r1.55)
pgsql-committers by date
|Next:||From: Bruce Momjian||Date: 2004-10-15 17:10:58|
|Subject: pgsql: The previous build rules caused each binary to be re-linked on |
|Previous:||From: Bruce Momjian||Date: 2004-10-15 16:51:50|
|Subject: pgsql: This patch clarifies the usage of references in PL/Perl :) David |