Re: How many rows can postgresql can sustain

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Kumar S <ps_postgres(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How many rows can postgresql can sustain
Date: 2004-10-13 16:31:21
Lists: pgsql-novice
Please don't start new threads by replying to old ones. This makes the archives
less usable and will cause some people that might have been able to help you
to miss your message.

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 09:14:11 -0700,
  Kumar S <ps_postgres(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:
> Dear group,
>  I am wondering how many rows of data can postgresql
> efficiently deal with in comparision to Oracle that
> can deal with millions and millions of rows (I was
> told this fact by my senior).

In general Postgres isn't going to have a problem with tables with extremely
large numbers of rows. There may be certain queries that run slower in
postgres than in oracle (in particular certain aggregates) or other databases.