Re: execute cursor fetch

From: my ho <mthoatbanjo(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: execute cursor fetch
Date: 2004-10-12 11:43:43
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,
If anyone can help pls, I have a question abt the
execution of cursor create/fetch/move , in particular
about disk cost. When a cursor is created, is the
whole table (with the required columns) got put into
memory? otherwise how does it work? (in term of disk
read and transfer?) after user issues command
move/fetch, how does postgre speed up the query in
compare to normal selection?
Thanks a lot,
regards,
MT Ho