Start up

From: "Keith Worthington" <keithw(at)narrowpathinc(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Start up
Date: 2004-10-08 19:44:46
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi All,

I just installed pgAdmin. I can start the program. When I try to add a
server connection (which is what I amssume I am supposed to do) it fails. I
am using the following settings in the "Connect to a Server" dialog.

Server: localhost
Port: 5432
SSL:
Initial database: template1
Username: postgres
Trusted: X
Password:

When I click "OK" I get the following message.

An error has occured:

Error connecting to the server: could not connect to server:
Connection refused
Is the server running on host 127.0.0.1 and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

Of course being a newbie I don't know if the server is listening. Any help
would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Keith

99main Internet Services http://www.99main.com