Re: Press Release, Final Draft?

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Press Release, Final Draft?
Date: 2004-10-01 19:42:17
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 08:13:15PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Evan Rempel wrote:
> > My understanding is that license is a verb, and licence is a noun.
>
> That's the Canadian spelling. Seriously.

And British, according to _Fowler_. But in the US, "license" is
preferred for both. Oddly, "practice" is also preferred for both,
but to provide advice is still to advise.

This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary
and imaginative work need not end up well.
--Dennis Ritchie