archives / search improvements

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: archives / search improvements
Date: 2004-10-01 03:29:32
Lists: pgsql-announcepgsql-general
Over the past 24 hours, we have been hard at work cleaning up, and fixing,
several issues with both the mailing list archives, and the search engine
behind it.

Several of the more apparent changes are:

 	- removed the top right banner
 	- add the Google AdSense banner to the right side
 	- cleaned up the font so that it isn't using 'the default'
 	- fixed the last-modified date
 	- fixed the code for the banner ad on the left to speed it up

Now that the last-modified date is properly set, the search engine should
now properly allow you to restrict the results to a period of time instead
of pulling everything.

If anyone notice any errors, or problems, with either the archives, or the
search engine, please post reports to pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org so that we
can get them fixed.

We'd like to also thank Joshua @ CommandPrompt for providing a server to
handle the front end of the archives, and John Hansen @ Geeknet for
providing, and maintaining, the search engine backend.

----

pgsql-announce by date