reconstructing database

From: akanksha kulkarni <akanksha_kul(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: reconstructing database
Date: 2004-09-30 15:43:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

Is there any way to reconstruct database from data
files that are present in
/var/lib/pgsql/data/<database oid folders>

Actually I upgraded to new version of postgres (7.4)
but again reverted back to older version (7.2) after
uninstalling new version.

How can I make the new install of older version
recognize old databases.

I did not take any standard backups with pg_dump. So
the only data files I have, are the files that are
created when you create database, tables etc.

Help is urgently needed and appreciated.

Thanks,
Akanksha