Re: dangling permission on tables after drop user.

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Vivek Khera <khera(at)kcilink(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: dangling permission on tables after drop user.
Date: 2004-09-30 14:03:29
Lists: pgsql-general
On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 09:32:30AM -0400, Vivek Khera wrote:

> >>And how exactly does one accomplish this?  pg_users is a view so you
> >>can't insert into it.
> >
> >CREATE USER ... WITH SYSID 102;
>
> Ok. I did that.  So now how do I get rid of that user and all the
> grants?  DROP USER ends up with the dangling GRANTs still hanging
> about.
>
> Is there no way to drop a user and have the necessary grants disappear?
>  How does one drop a user cleanly?

I'm afraid you'll have to ALTER TABLE (or whatever) for each of these ...
I don't think there is a command that would help you do that
automatically.  You can cheat by looking at system catalogs for the
acl column (e.g. pg_class.relacl) and using that in a function.

"El sentido de las cosas no viene de las cosas, sino de
las inteligencias que las aplican a sus problemas diarios
en busca del progreso." (Ernesto Hernández-Novich)