Re: archives.postgresql.org

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, John Hansen <john(at)geeknet(dot)com(dot)au>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: archives.postgresql.org
Date: 2004-09-30 15:08:12
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>>> you use <meta tag> for last-modified date, but crawlers does prefer more
>>> standard way via http headers, as you once did using 'touch' hack
>>> (what's wrong with it ?)
>>
>> To be honest, I want to figure out how to do it off of Message Date
>> properly, instead of time stamp of the file ... that way, if we have to
>> regenerate, all the 'last-modified' do stay the same ...
>
> You should teach server software (php scripts) which form page and send it
> to browser to output also http header with know date of the message.
> It should be available in php.

It is, and we even have the code for it ... but, the way that I originally
wrote the pages doesn't allow it to be done without a full re-write ...
John did a nice job of the code itself ...

there is a way, with mhonarc, that I should be able to do it, similar to
what John had written, which I'm working on right now ...

----