Re: [#14748606] comp.databases.postgresql hierarchy

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: labs-groups2(at)google(dot)com
Cc: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [#14748606] comp.databases.postgresql hierarchy
Date: 2004-09-30 17:54:41
Lists: pgsql-www
Google Staff:

Our webmaster has brought it to my attention that you have stopped archiving
comp.databases.postgresql.* for no apparent reason.    The staff he
previously spoke with claimed that the stoppage was due to "duplication or
inactivity", but:

1) There are no other sources for the PostgreSQL newsgroups anywhere on
Google;
2) All of these lists are *extremely* active: for example,
comp.databases.postgresql.hackers has had about 140 posts this week.

We have also checked to see if there might be some problem with the
perpetuation of the postgresql newsgroups but our members are unable to
discover any.

The e-mail exchanged with out webmaster implies that the Google staff is not
interested in this problem and has no interest in doing anything to correct
it.   I am sure that this must be a mistaken impression; could you please
respond with some indication of how soon this is likely to be resolved?

--
--Josh Berkus

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Project Core Team