jdbc:postgresql:database not bound error

From: "William I(dot) Zumwalt" <wizumwalt(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: jdbc:postgresql:database not bound error
Date: 2004-09-29 16:17:15
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hey all,

I'm using ...

JBoss 3.2.5
pg74.215.jdbc3.jar
postgres7.4.5

When I load my app in jboss, jboss sees postgres as

09:32:37,214 INFO [PostgresDS] Bound connection
factory for resource adapter for ConnectionManager
'jboss.jca:service=LocalTxCM,name=PostgresDS to JNDI
name 'java:/PostgresDS'

And I'm getting the following error ...

10:36:26,231 INFO [STDOUT] Exception:
jdbc:postgresql:megs not bound

Anyone have ideas what the prob could be. I've got the
following code below.

---
public static final String DRIVER =
"org.postgresql.Driver";
public static final String DBURL =
"jdbc:postgresql:megs";

// megs is my dbase name
private static transient DataSource dataSource =
null;

static {
try {
Class.forName(DRIVER);
}
catch(ClassNotFoundException cnfe) {

System.out.println("ClassNotFoundException: " +
cnfe.getMessage());
}
}

public static Connection createConnection() throws
SQLException {
if (dataSource == null) {
try {
Context context = new