Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Server unreliability

From: Darcy Buskermolen <darcy(at)wavefire(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Server unreliability
Date: 2004-09-29 19:08:48
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

----8<----[snip]

> > *nod* In the interim there is nothing stoping getting the process
> > rolling with those sites that are known to work, as well as contacting
> > the mirror admins. of the unknown sites..
>
> I think you are the only 'known to work site' ... so, if I setup a round
> robin between the Panama and Canadian location for www.postgresql.org,
> would you be okay with the extra load? :) If so, I'll get to work on the
> coding changing required for the DNS ...

I have no issues with that being setup now, I'll keep na eye on the bandwith
and let you know if it becomes problematic.

> > Specificly the program out lines at: https://www.google.com/adsense/ I
> > know of a few reasonably high traffic sites that are generating about
> > 5k/mth income from this program.
>
> 'k, will have to read through, but first scan, would the replace our
> current search system, or would the 'Google search box' be on the right of
> the screen, or ... ? Without me reading it all the way through, do you
> already know?
Not the search system, but the addsence. it's just a banner serving
technology where you embed piece of javascript to imbed in the site and away
we go..
For example here is a sample I just fired up based on what I use in another
site.... http://www.dbitech.ca/
and the JS to pull it of is...

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "pub-6839445463094639";
google_ad_width = 120;
google_ad_height = 240;
google_ad_format = "120x240_as";
google_ad_channel ="";