Temp Tables

From: sad <sad(at)bankir(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Temp Tables
Date: 2004-09-27 13:12:21
Lists: pgsql-sql
Hi

I propose you again a topic for discuss.

Do you find useful the clause "ON COMMIT DELETE ROWS" ?
like Oracle allows to specify for a temporery table

And is it necessary to delete temp table from The Dictionary wherever
disconnect and recrete it each session it needed ? (I mean that some problems
better to solve with so-called GLOBAL TEMP TABLEs which are created once the
DB created and DBMS keeps them empty (by ON COMMIT DELETE ROWS) and only own
rows each user sees in a transaction)