Re: core dump on select

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: core dump on select
Date: 2004-09-27 14:38:14
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 03:55:43PM -0500, John Liu wrote:
> max memory size (kbytes) 32768
>
> open files 2000
>
> pipe size (512 bytes) 64
>
> stack size (kbytes) 2097151

My guess is that one of these -- likely the first -- is biting you.
What isn't clear to me is whether you're getting core from the
postmaster or psql itself. I've seen the latter pretty frequently,
but there is a current segfault problem with AIX 5.1 at least.

I remember when computers were frustrating because they *did* exactly what
you told them to. That actually seems sort of quaint now.
--J.D. Baldwin