Anything "time" critical on www.postgresql.org VM?

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Anything "time" critical on www.postgresql.org VM?
Date: 2004-09-26 19:30:10
Lists: pgsql-www
I'd like to setup hot failover for that VM, so that if the server it is
running on goes down, it will auto-come back up on a second server.  So
far, the finest I can get the replication granularity is 15 minutes, so
there is the potential of 15 minutes worth of 'data' to be lost on a crash

As I believe that most (if not all?) of the stuff on that VM is pretty
static as far as files, and there is no email over there, I can't think of
any reason *not* to do this for that VM ... but, I wanted to check here to
see if anyone knows of a reason that the potential lose of '15 minutes'
worth of data is a bad thing?

If not, I'll get that setup ...

I don't believe that any of the other VMs can have this setup yet, until I
can get the 'gap' reduced between replicas, since they are all dealing
with CVS in some form or another, or email ...

----

pgsql-www by date

Next:From: John HansenDate: 2004-09-26 21:11:48