Re: Can I COPY a VIEW to a File

From: Oliver Fromme <olli(at)lurza(dot)secnetix(dot)de>
To: ps_postgres(at)yahoo(dot)com (Kumar S)
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can I COPY a VIEW to a File
Date: 2004-09-24 16:26:02
Lists: pgsql-novice
Kumar S wrote:
 > Hi Group,
 >  I want to copy a view to a output file.
 >
 > => copy test_uniqueprobeset to
 > '/temp/test_uniqueprobeset_focus';
 > ERROR:  cannot copy from view
 > "test_uniqueprobeset_focus"
 >
 > Is there are wat to capture content of the view.

I would suggest you SELECT the view INTO a temporary table,
then COPY that table.  See the SQL reference manual on the
"SELECT INTO" command.

Best regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, secnetix GmbH & Co KG, Oettingenstr. 2, 80538 M√ľnchen

"That's what I love about GUIs: They make simple tasks easier,
and complex tasks impossible."
        -- John William Chambless