Re: SSL Support

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Dominic Mitchell <dom(at)happygiraffe(dot)net>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SSL Support
Date: 2004-09-21 13:44:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 10:35:56AM +0100, Dominic Mitchell wrote:

> I think it's misleading to talk about SSL being supported without these
> options.  I've used SSL in other places (apache/mod_ssl, curl, stunnel)
> and I came to expect this sort of verification as standard behaviour.
> What's more, the code is there to do it, it's just #ifdef'd out, or
> needs a toggle.

I think we got to the current situation because somebody started to
enhance the previous (apparently poor) SSL support, and then fled in the
middle of his hacking.  What this code needs is a mantainer.  If you
want to work on it, it will be surely appreciated.

"No hay hombre que no aspire a la plenitud, es decir,
la suma de experiencias de que un hombre es capaz"