Re: psql: FATAL: Password authentication failed for

From: Sudhakar Kurumella <kurumella(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql: FATAL: Password authentication failed for
Date: 2004-09-21 12:58:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I tried that, the error is the same but with user "postgres"

[D:\Postgresql\8.0-beta2-dev3\bin]psql -U postgres
psql: FATAL: Password authentication failed for user "postgres"

It is not taking my password if i give option with "-W" as well.

[D:\Postgresql\8.0-beta2-dev3\bin]psql -U postgres -W password
psql: FATAL: Password authentication failed for user "postgres"

thanks,
kuru

Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com> wrote:
Use psql -U postgres

Dave

--
Dave Cramer