Re: log rotatoin doc updates

From: "Ed L(dot)" <pgsql(at)bluepolka(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: log rotatoin doc updates
Date: 2004-09-17 22:57:32
Lists: pgsql-patches
On Friday September 17 2004 4:44, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Ed L." <pgsql(at)bluepolka(dot)net> writes:
> > This patch updates log rotation documentation:
>
> Applied, except for
>
> > 	+ Removed false statement that log_filename can only be changed on
> > restart (it is reloadable via sighup);
>
> The statement was correct as given so I didn't remove it.  (If you think
> it should mention that SIGHUP works, there are several dozen other uses
> of the identical wording to describe SIGHUP variables ...)

"This option can only be set at server start or in the
<filename>postgresql.conf</filename> configuration file."

My misunderstanding.  I misread the above to mean SIGHUP did not work, as
opposed to postgresql.conf variables for which SIGHUP *will* reload them.
I guess the word "only" refers to not being able to use SET?

Ed