Re: connecting to postgresql

From: Lars Haugseth <lars(at)tinde(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: connecting to postgresql
Date: 2004-09-17 09:43:20
Lists: pgsql-novice

* Sun H Chi:
| I installed EMS postgres Admin (win) and I'm trying to connnect directly to
| the database (linux). I have specfied the host ip, default port 5432, and
| username(postgres), no password.  The server refused connection...I suspect
| it is because I have not set the configuration parameters for tcpip_socket
| = true in postgresql.conf.  The problem is...I can't locate this file
| anywhere on the server.

What Linux distribution and what version of PostgreSQL is running on the
server? Is PostgreSQL installed from source or from a binary distribution?

Try this:

$ locate postgresql.conf

If all that gives you is an error message, try this (you may need to be root):

$ find /etc -name "postgresql.conf*"

--
Lars Haugseth