Others applying patch queue patches

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Others applying patch queue patches
Date: 2004-09-17 01:34:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Neil Conway wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 23:24, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > It will be applied as soon as one of the PostgreSQL committers reviews
> > and approves it.
>
> Hey Bruce,
>
> does this reflect a change in the patch application procedures? (i.e. in
> the past the pgpatches list you maintained was just for patches you
> yourself intended to apply at a later date).

[ CC to hackers with Neil's approval.]

The plan while I am away is for Tom or others to apply those patches. I
talked to Tom about this. In fact you can always apply a patch from the
queue and I will just remove it when I see it applied.

This is a huge win for me because while I read email while I am away, I
am not around regularly enough to recover from problems after patch
application. In the past this caused huge delays in patch application
or caused Tom to have to grovel through the email lists looking for
patches. With this system, they are all in one place and can be applied
in a timely manner.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us