Re: ODBC SQLSetPos Delete problem

From: "Lothar Behrens" <lothar(dot)behrens(at)lollisoft(dot)de>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC SQLSetPos Delete problem
Date: 2004-09-15 16:57:02
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> Hi,
> I've used various versions of the PostgreSQL odbc driver on Windows and
> Unix. I found that versions 7.2.1 to 7.2.2 will not crash but will give an
> error when subsequently fetching a row after having deleted a row even
> though the delete works OK. With versions 7.2.3 to 7.3.3 the program will
> crash but this is not consistent depending on the table involved and what
> platform the driver is on.

Thanks,

I will try this version. I also have a new idea: As for a financial
system, a customer with invoices must not be allowed to be deleted.

In germany this is a must law.

On the other hand, if I like to enable a deletion, I would do this
with a delete flag and explicid cleanup code at the connection or at
disconnetion from the database.

Updating of rows works fine in my code and adding too, so wy not
updating a delete flag internally in my ODBC wrapper ?

Thanks

Lothar