Re: LockAcquire: lock table 1 is out of memory

From: Betsy Barker <betsy(dot)barker(at)supportservicesinc(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: LockAcquire: lock table 1 is out of memory
Date: 2004-09-14 16:24:37
Lists: pgsql-novice

I raised the parameter to 256 and the process finished. Thank you Tom. Does raising that parameter cause the database to slow down? The process ended up taking 14.5 hours to finish! That seems like a long long time.

Also, do you think that the use of a temporary table inside an inner loop, being created and dropped over and over again could have caused the problem in the beginning?

Thank you,
Betsy Barker

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 10:47:55 -0400

--