Re: One Database per Data File?

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Randy Yates <yates(at)ieee(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: One Database per Data File?
Date: 2004-09-11 05:16:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Not even close. PostgreSQL uses one or more files per
table/index/sequence/etc. Each database has its own directory. I think
with tablespaces you can even spread a database over multiple
directories.

Secondly, every connection gets its very own postmaster, they can can
each access any file they wish.

Hope this helps,